View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Matt...check out this thread on Agon: AudiogoN Forums: Tips on Buying Quiet Quality sounding LP's. I had similar question in the fifth entry in the thread and got some good responses. Hope it helps.
Great thread. Thanks for sharing the link. Thanks to all of you for offering your suggestions and your findings through your listening experiences. I do very much want to own a higher quality cleaning machine, but the cost will certainly require new thinking ... Hmmmm.

Since my return to vinyl is completely dependent on my ability to find and purchase a minimum of 300 desired LP's, I might rethink my purchase order - especially since I do have access to a mint condition Dual TT as a loaner while I build a new LP collection.

300+ LP's
Cleaning Machine
new TT

This seems to make perfect sense based on replies thus far, and the cost of *used* LP's is sooooooo inexpensive that the hit or miss % is far less concerning for me. I'd be perfectly happy with a 20% success rate at $3 apiece when searching for those rare 1970's LP's that I simply cannot find new [or expect to]. That equals $15 an LP which is more than acceptable for those 'must have' albums - with the expectation that easier to find LP titles [more copies in the rack to choose from] will generate a higher success rate.