View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
Hi Substance. I own two MB100 units. Each of the units is in each of my two homes.

I am at one of the homes where I recently mailed the MB100 to McIntosh headquarters for inspection and, if need be, repair.

I am doubtful I will hear from McIntosh anytime soon and would not be without reason that they may not return this unit until sometime in 2022.

Once I go to my other home, I can test the working MB100 with my Galaxy Tablet, Galaxy S10+, iPad, and iPhone.

I expect to rendezvous at my other home the first week of January, and if you have not sorted the issue, I can test then.

I hope this is a temporary phenomenon.

Last year, 2021, I returned to one of my homes and experienced the same issue as my other MB100.

The CMOS battery failed.

Noteworthy, the battery did an excellent job lasting from 2015 until 2021.

Fortunately, back in 2015, I made screenshots of all the BIOS settings and reconfirmed them in 2021.

I replaced the CMOS battery and connected a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. I booted up into the BIOS and confirmed the settings.

I rebooted the MB100, and immediately began streaming music again.

Meanwhile, I do need to request that McIntosh Labs return my other MB100 to me. They have offered to update the unit to the new forthcoming OS, and I question the update as I have relative control over the device as it stands. Dated as the OS is, there is a fair amount of flexibility.

I am reasonably concerned that the new OS very well may cripple those freedoms.