View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
I see, thanks. So, I need to upgrade my upgraded Hot Rod. Hahah. Nice. When he built the little 10w Inspire Hot Rod amp for me, I asked him to consider putting in my favorite caps I have in my other Cary tube amps. Never happened, stopped asking.

Now running Mundorf EVO Silver Gold coupling caps in my other big amp. That's where I spend my time listening. While the Inspire is nice, my big amp is on any entirely different level of dynamics, sound stage, detail and impact. Fills the entire room with tube sound. 50watts of strapped Triode. The Mundorf EVO Silver Gold caps are real nice in the big amp. Not sure I'd invest in them for my Inspire Hot Rod now, sounds okay for what it is. Nice little den room amp. Thx.
Auricaps are well regarded. Upgrade caps? Changing them is an experiment and there is no 'best' cap. Just what sounds best to you. I have no $$$ boutique stuff and often use different brands in different places. It's really about synergy in your system. What works for me may not be optimal for you. If the Mundorf EVO's work in the big amp they may be stellar in the Hot Rod.

Decooney, your speakers may just need 50 watts to come alive and there is nothing wrong with that.