View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 12:30 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Thanks Stephen. I have read some of the Shunyata material on DTCD. It’s an interesting concept. It’s also hard to test for due to the currents and risetimes involved, so I’ll have to take their word for it.

I am completely re-doing the AC distribution and grounding for my system with a combination of commercial and DIY components. I’m going to initially focus on EMI/RFI reduction as I can measure it directly and also look for it as artifacts in the system output. I will be looking for 60 Hz and it’s harmonics as intermodulation products on the desired audio signal. By using my Audio Precision System One DSP capability I can measure well below the broadband noise floor. I’ll need to do an MSA to ensure I can get repeatable results.

By using DOE I will speed up the process and see how different cords and filters on power amplifiers and signal sources impact the measured end result at the speaker input.

As I learn more and perfect my measurement system I’ll look at higher end power cords. I’m impressed with what I’m hearing so far, so look forward to trying some higher end cables.

Tom

Cool, Tom! Love to hear you're doing an MSA and DOE! Good on 'ya, mate!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.