View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Sorry for late answer. Yes it's a new pair, one of the latest if not the latest. With sasha2 you do not need an extra power as they are easier to drive. But i have tob say that the xa160.5 outperforms xa100.5 in everyway. I didn't expect a so big differnce and they are not broken yet.

Concerning preamp, i had the chance to test xp10 and 20 with xa100.5 at home during 2 weeks, but it was not really my cup of tea. Ref5 was more lively, open and 8i prefer to pass preamp.

It can be a question of perception or taste
Hello,

yes....is personal taste....the ARC is used with Pass from a lot of person but I find ARC without "border" on the LF&HF.....with the tube is sure more "airy" but in place of ARC a Octave sound better....anyway Pass & Pass is for me the best combo.

I have posed the question to have a pair of xa160.5 at the Pass inporter but he say me that are no more available....."if you have lucky a second hand but new can you forget....."

For the pre a XP30 is much better vs XP10/20 that are very similar...

is too true that with Sasha the XA100.8 (or .5) are more as enough...but the XA160 is te best SS amplifier today available.... not Watt but the timbre... -> the XA200.5 is not so good....(IMHO) I can change the Pass with a Dag Stereo new (black) but Pass sound much better...!

If I change my speakers a Magico, Focal or Isophon are the more agree ut PMC is too a very great product!
Pass XA100(.5 or .8) is already enough....

cme29 you think to can have a pair of xa160.5 without problem? (ex demo or fast new...)?