View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
I really love the Goldmund amp, but I also have also considered selling and getitng a ST500 mkII, if for no other reason then that it is a perfect match to the pre-amp and DAC. I would also consider getting XLR cables if I went down that route.

One other issue for me is that I just don't need that kind of power. The 125 WPC that I currently have is never even pushed... even a little bit...
You and I are in the same boat, with sort of similar yet very different systems. I too don't need that kind of power, but it's the smallest amp W4S offers anymore. If I want new, that's the only thing to go with.

I guess I'll have to talk to my brother first and see what he thinks about my Odyssey amp in his system. We haven't seen each other in the past few days since I swapped amps with him.

I think I'll be dropping Ivan a line about some balanced Oasis 7 cables...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
I was just thinking if I did get a W4S amp I would be all W4S geeked out... Amp, Pre-Amp, DAC, and Recovery, and even more, KEF speakers...

They are huge KEF fans and like to display their gear with KEF speakers at shows. Recently they had a setup with Blade 2's at a show. EJ just bought a pair of Reference 3's to use at shows and in their demos. Dam I would love a pair of those...
You would have a fully "geeked" out system, that's for sure. Then again, that little Job 225 comes with high praise. It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison between it and the ST500 or a pair of mAMP's!

Those Reference 3's are nice, but if I had my choice, I'm pretty sure I'd go with the Reference 1's only because I've really fallen in love all over again for small-ish bookshelf speakers.

In retrospect, I should have bought those slightly used LS50's right before getting my Sonus 1.5's. I passed on them because they didn't include stands. When I was at my brother's place swapping amps, I realized that my old sand filled speaker stands were in the other room still. Oh well, no point in worrying about it now.

Not that I regret buying the 1.5's. I don't. They're great sounding speakers. But you have to admit, the LS50's get a ton more press.