View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
The new/current models, ST-500 mkII and ST-1000 mkII won an Absolute Sound Editors Choice award in the new issue, for 2016.

Other reviews on W4S amps...
wyred 4 sound

6moons audio reviews: Wyred4Sound SX-1000 monos

Wyred4Sound SX-1000 Monoblock Power Amplifier - HomeTheaterHifi.com

Wyred 4 Sound ST100 Amplifier
Yes, but that really doesn't answer the question at hand about the ST-250. I mean, there's virtually no information at all about this amp anywhere online. Heck, I can't even find anything on W4S' own website. That's pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
By the way, that Wyred looks really nice in your rack....
Thanks! I think the same thing. I like the fact that it's silver with just a touch of black, and of course that neat thin light bar.

Sound-wise, I'm quite impressed. It has that same "forward" presentation that they claim with the Recovery USB Reclocker. Forward meaning that the sound stage is pushed a tad bit more forward. Not a bad thing at all. There's a little more space around vocals and instruments. The one thing that stands out the most though is that there seems to be a little more air and extension on the top end, though still remaining silky smooth. It's that kind of silky smoothness that I remember from a good matched set of NOS Mullard EL34 tubes.

I'm half tempted to order a pair of WW Oasis XLR's to see if it improves anything, since both the amp and my preamp have balanced inputs and outputs. Hmm...