View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 04:38 PM

The Nordost QRT system is quite extraordinary. Clean power is very important. Clean ground is also very important.
Since years I love Nordost cables. They suits my taste and system. I'v also used Nordost Thor since years and it has survived a lot of contenders I'v tried during the years.

Last year in Munich, I heard a test with the brand new QKORE (ground) products. This demo was extremely clear and showed with no hesitation the great effect of this products. What also was clear was how well Nordost had matches all this QRT products to the system. To really get the best out of Nordost you need the hole package.
That demo has been growing in my mind and finally I have got some products in my system to se how it works.
The Purifier QX2 and Qx4 is more advanced than my Thor but I use my Thor in this test.

QB8 and QKORE are very important parts. The earth is handled in a very clever way.

Signal ground is geting purified in QKORE and QB8 is geting distorsion it put of the system if you connect this in the right way.

Since I need a lot of ground cables and just got 3 of them right now I'm only able to use them in the preamp and to QB8 from QKORE and to QKORE from my R2R.

This set up is hard to test at home, I have to test it against my Entreq Ground units and it's difficult to switch between them. It takes a long time to connect and disconnect everything in my system.
I just have to trust my memory and my ears.

My initial testing is promising. The first impressions are like always with Nordost. The timing is great, as the airy free and clear presentation. The background is black and the scene is like live music.

I wonder what can happen if I can try the hole QRT-system???

Last edited by Apexorca; 05-23-2018 at 01:43 AM.