View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:48 AM
Never Too Much Torque !

I used to be a cable skeptic. I could easily hear a difference between copper wireworld IC cables and silver plated. The silver seemed to bring out the high frequencies , the music sounds brighter as if the treble was turned up. Balanced cables give me a blacker background as well vs RCA cables. I am not sure about power cords though because the cables bringing power to my stereo are standard in-wall wire and the internals of the components are super expensive either so I am not sure why having 2-3 feet of expensive power cord in-between would make a significant difference. I have a ppp power conditioner, I could not hear any difference when I added this vs going direct to the wall but I keep it as a serge protector. I did hear a difference when my amps. were plugged into a Panamax serge protector , the bass was diminished when plugged into it so I non longer use that in my stereo. There are others here who swear they can hear differences and I have no problem with it. This is a hobby so what ever makes you feel good and gives you pleasure... Go For It
2 Channel Room Mcintosh MC501 x 2, Mcintosh C2300, McIntosh D1100, Turntable:JA Michelle -Gyro SE with SME309 and Shelter 501 MKII, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Aurender N100H

Home Theater Mcintosh MC207, MX120, Oppo 95 bluray , Sonus Faber Elipsa with Cremona Center (matching homage finish red) front speakers, Mcintosh rear surround speakers, Sony Projector

Florida Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento, Sonos amp

"Everything is good, until you compare it to something better Masterlu"