View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madfonzy View Post
Well the first Mcintosh product I owned was a 2006 Subaru Liberty GT with a 6 stack Mc CD changer and 11 speakers I think. It sounded ok and lasted a few years before the CD changer died.

So I ended up pulling it all out and installing a Pioneer 2 Din head unit with Alpine processor, amps, speakers and subs. It did sound way better afterwards. Interestingly when I removed the head unit it had a sticker on is "Made by Clarion" so really just a rebadge job.

Interested to see how they apply the DSP in the new system. This will make a big difference and Alpine make some good processes already.

My current ride has a Meridian systems with 14 speakers and it sounds pretty but not as good as my previous system. Can't really change it either as the head unit it is totally integrated into the car.
I posted earlier that car stereo would not cheapen Mc. But what you describe is exactly the kind of BS that cheapens any brand--mediocre sound from a rebranded mass market manufacturer in a mass market car. Could there be a worse move for brand equity?

Let's hope they do it the right way this time