View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:54 PM

The high's have smoothed out SIGNIFICANTLY from my initial impressions. I have been breaking them in with the tweeter level set at +1. Now, even set at +1 there is no harshness just a slight tilt in balance.

But with the level set to flat the balance is spot on, the clarity and ease with which high frequency information conveyed is lovely. Highs and mids integrate as if they were one unit. Easily the best bass I have had in my room without a sub.

The cabinets are very well built and beautiful, they're fairly light at around 80 lbs for a big floor stander.

So, where are the corners cut to keep this from costing $10k or more? The packaging / shipping box is nowhere near what you get with a B&W 800 series. The packaging is downright flimsy by comparison. The spike kit is simple / pedestrian. But, that's about it.

Where Revel really put the goods is in what gets to your ears. The 208's just sound right! Incredibly involving and extremely detailed without beating you up.

I found this graph online of the frequency response of the F208. Pretty impressive performance. I am very very very happy with these! I am floored with how much great sound $5k can buy.