View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Charles, I'm really confused. You ordered another Thor, or you ordered a Subsonic (you said your ordered a Thor but you already have one)? And you might reconsider after the order is placed? Why not get every answer satisfied before placing the order?

It definitely makes sense that 3 12's can equal 2 15's and be quicker.
I'm sorry for the confusion. Can you explain how 3 12's can be better than 2 15's? I got the questions answered I thought but Bill has a different opinion and I respect his opinion. Sometimes it's very difficult to get every answer satisfied. My Thor is 9 years old. I simply want a new Thor with new woofers or a better sub woofer, i.e. the Subsonic. My configuration is mono. I listen to a lot of movies. Some of them can require 800-900 watts. I have no doubt the Subsonic as a stereo pair is better than 2 Thors but I'm mono and the Thor may be more powerful. So this is difficult which is why I put the question out. But Bill says the Subsonic is superior to Thor, period. If so I want Subsonic. I had thought MC with its better bracing might give me a little more edge. It's a question of what sub is best for my application and what options I had. I really hadn't given much thought to Subsonic until I read Bill's post, which I really appreciated. I don't want to make a mistake. So everything is on hold until I get this sorted out.

I will have a new crossover and obviously a new XVX. I simply want a new Thor also or, a Subsonic so that the speaker system can age together. It's that simple. The cabinet size/volume for Subsonic is 4% larger than Thor cabinet. I don't see how therefore 3 12's can match low end grunt of 2 15's but if they can I prefer the Subsonic. I want the best sub for my setup, period.

Last edited by Charles; 04-06-2020 at 09:55 PM.