View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 12:37 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Going Active

April, 2017

Model T BAX-1 Active Crossover

Hi James,

I don't know if you remember about an email I sent you regarding my decision to go from the PMC IB2i's to the Model T Signatures.

Just wanted to give you an update...

Up to this point I have been using a Esoteric K-03x as my cd player, a Esoteric C-03x as my preamp, an Esoteric A-02 as my amp with the Model t's. I have been very happy with this setup. BUT, I have been waiting for the BAX-1 crossover to come available,
and now that it is, I have been thinking of going active.

If I went active with the Esoteric A-02, I would need 2 more, and the cost would be outrageous. So instead it decided to test my single 7B3 (which I have been using on my center channel) on one of the model T's against the A-02, in mono mode.

I was surprised how well the 7B3 performed, so much that I found it difficult to like one over the other. Each had great qualities, but in the end, I found the 7B3 would make me just as happy. Plus the fact that it would improve even more in the active setup.

So, I ending up ordering another single 7B3 and a BAX-1 today, to get me started. I know the Bax-1 will be a longer wait time than the amp, so I can at least run my Model T's in passive mode for now.

I will have to wait for my A-02 to sell before I can get the 2-4B3's, and go active at that point. I will keep you updated on my findings.

Adol