View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:27 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by new order View Post
@ TMcD
I think You are correct!

A question.
Have looked through the Stereophiles recommended components 2012.When I was in the process of choose new speakers,I was ambivalent for a long time.The choice stood between the Sophias and S.F Futura.Well,You know what i went for.

I canīt see why these two speakers are in different classes!Can someone explain?

S.F Futura-A—Full-Range
Sophia 3- A (Restricted Extreme LF)

From what I have read online on Stereophiles measurements,The Sophias goes at least as deep (if not deeper in the lower frequencys).The Sashas are in the same class as the Sophias and they definitly go deeper in the lower frequencys than the Futuras.

How can this be?

Best Regards
/n.o
My guess is that the Sophia speaker may have output in the low frequency area but may not be able to produce sufficient volume to qualify for full range by their definition. That should make no difference to you when your new sashes arrive. Enjoy!
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer