View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 01:29 PM

Default Need some help deciding

I live in a place that makes it extremely difficult to try different equipment. Before buying new components I read as many reviews and get as many different opinions as possible and come to a conclusion. Over the years I have done this with everything but cables. For the past 17 years I have only used WireWorld. Hopefully soon I will be upgrading from the stock cable for my Audeze LCD-XC. My 2ch system has been in storage for almost 4 years but I brought all my cables overseas with me to use if I bought another system. Plans changed and I decided to do a nice headphone system. The power cord for the Deckard is a WW Silver Electra 7 and the USB is a WW Starlight 7. I also have an HRS DPX Damper for the Deckard.

These are some of the upgrade combos running thru my head right now:

1) WW Platinum Headphone cable & Silver USB
2) WW Silver Headphone cable & Platinum USB
3) WW Platinum Headphone cable & Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers
4) WW Platinum Headphone cable only
5) WW Silver Headphone cable
6) A different brand headphone cable (Purist Audio, MIT, Kimber, Nordost, etc…) instead of WW
7) Cheaper headphone cable and add an iFi micro-iUSB3.0 and Gemini3.0 USB cable

Obviously I have too much time on my hands this evening and I’m starting to overthink the whole thing. Has anyone out there had a chance to compare multiple headphone cables from various brands with Audeze LCD-XC or atleast other Audeze LCD series headphones? Has anyone used Stillpoints or iFi on a Deckard? Any and all input is welcome!