View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 PM

Thanks Bart, I appreciate your input. My room is fairly large but I believe the G2 would be the way to go regardless. I've got powerful monos too that will help fill the space. Interesting that you mention a church organ as I brought a stack of music with me to demo including jimmy smith. I had picked out the obvious stuff to let let the sasha's strut their stuff like Stevie Ray Vaughn but found myself revisiting it with the G2's and all around prefering the sound.

I threw everything at them that I could including your massive attack, polite acoustic guitar, some hawaiian slack key, beatles, phish, thievery corp, filla brazilla and a tons of jazz. I'm not one for classical but that's just me. What I found most amazing 3+ hours in was that mentally I had said to myself that if there is a weakness with these speakers it has to be low bass. So, I put in some Marley and a few other reggae tracks and the resolution and decay was something I've personally never been treated to in my life. That bass is there, it's just round, tight and punchy as opposed to earth shattering and I prefer the former anyway. Said differently, I've never heard the music I associate with lots of low frequency presented like that and I need that in my home. I thought I had heard every bit of minutia on many of those recordings and Saturday I learned otherwise in frightening fashion but that's the fun part of this pursuit. Still in awe and have to convince my wife that these are worth a small fortune but I think she'll agree. I'm envious of your system, enjoy.

Last edited by Lee3; 04-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.