View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtranr View Post
I certainly don't doubt your experience-based judgment, Stephen, but I thought I'd start by auditioning what Caelin Gabriel suggested in another thread--running the Alpha straight from the laptop to the DAC without any ISO REGEN intermediary to see if that approach at least equals what I hear with the Silver Starlight/ISO REGEN combination. The reasoning being that that would establish a solid baseline on which to evaluate the Alpha qua Alpha. After that, I could then play with various configurations--Alpha to ISO to adapter to DAC (thereby satisfying John's curiosity), Silver Starlight to ISO to Alpha to DAC, etc.

What worries me about all this, of course, is the possibility that I'll be compelled to PM Ivan about another Alpha. In which case I'll have to do my darnedest to explain to the "saint" (reference my GIK Alpha 4A thread) that the depletion of my wallet is all your fault.
Sounds fine, Jim. That's what's nice, you can do experiments on different configurations to see what works best. Let us know what configurations you try and how they work out. It will be interesting to learn of your results. Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.