Thread: Xa30.8
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 11:56 PM

I agree with you about Mac
I have the MC150 and prefer my Pass Aleph
I have had older Accuphase demoed at my house and didnt like it as much as my Pass too
But I have yet to get the E470 or A series in my house , I had been planning on getting Accuphase
I will reconsider and see if I can try out the new Pass .8
Demoing in-store is so much different then sitting in my house and listening to gear for days on end
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul1 View Post
The Mc452 was a great amp mated to the C2300. It was a great sound and I made a mistake selling it to go to an Accuphase e470. I never heard Pass labs till one day In an audio store walking past a audio room and I thought wow what's that sound went in And sat for two hours just listening to music. Didn't think about the bass being this or that ,or mids to much not enough or the top end this and that . Just enjoyed. So I put down a deposit and looking forward to listening to music again. Compared to the McIntosh gear I feel pass is better refined and and so so easy to listen to for long periods and for me that's what it's about I listen for two to three hours at a time with. With the E470 I could not. The Accuphase use to be fatiguing after 30mins. Also I always felt that the Mac gear was a bit noisey. Just my view might be a class A thing I went back three times before I bought it just to make sure. The journey continues!!