Thread: Xa30.8
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2 View Post
Paul would you be upgrading from a MC452 to the PASS amp? I'm also interested in why as I have been thinking about the same move but from a smaller MAC (MA5200). My other choice is a bigger MAC.
The Mc452 was a great amp mated to the C2300. It was a great sound and I made a mistake selling it to go to an Accuphase e470. I never heard Pass labs till one day In an audio store walking past a audio room and I thought wow what's that sound went in And sat for two hours just listening to music. Didn't think about the bass being this or that ,or mids to much not enough or the top end this and that . Just enjoyed. So I put down a deposit and looking forward to listening to music again. Compared to the McIntosh gear I feel pass is better refined and and so so easy to listen to for long periods and for me that's what it's about I listen for two to three hours at a time with. With the E470 I could not. The Accuphase use to be fatiguing after 30mins. Also I always felt that the Mac gear was a bit noisey. Just my view might be a class A thing I went back three times before I bought it just to make sure. The journey continues!!

Last edited by paul1; 11-14-2015 at 07:51 PM.