View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Default Bonding Noise Harvester to duplex improves sound!

I now have seven PS Audio Noise Harvesters. Sadly adding all of them causes the sound to become a bit thinner. (My system deliberately hovers on the thin line between amazing clarity and a bit too thin sounding)
Removing all of the Noise Haresters to baseline the system, and putting three back in, gets me to just right.

However I thought about adding BluTack to the Noise harvesters bases.
(I add BluTack to many AC plugs if they seem 'loose' and the Noise harvesters are always rather floppy, as inserted, even in strong gripping AC duplex.

So I added a thin 1/4" rolled out ring of Blu Tack material to each Noise Harvester base edges, then compressing it as the Noise Harvester is inserted in to the duplex, pressing the outer exposed Blu Tack material to bond the Noise Harvester to the duplex.
(The Blu Tack material is easy to remove, even years later, as I have used it for many years on AC plugs)

The surprise is, the bonding of Noise Harvester to the Duplex with the Blue Tack... IMPROVES THE SOUND!
I have to say the sound particularly of the midrange is smoother.
It definitely seems crazy to claim this. so I offer it to others who may have both Noise Harvesters and some Blu Tack around to try it and see?

Am I imagining it? or is this a great new tweak?

Added: Blu Tack needs to be 'worked' to be effective. Working it means pulling and twisting and doubling over dozens of times until it becomes soft and sticky. Once soft, it is ready to use and bonds well. Cold and not worked it is useless. just to mention for those who have never used it to stick stuff together.

Added: Put in two more Noise Harvesters to the amplifier line. For a total of five. Sound is good.
I wonder if the additional (more tahn two) failed on the other line to Furman and on Furman high current section .. since in back of the High Current duplex are large devices to condition. So adding more just over does it.

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 12-09-2018 at 08:35 PM.