View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killergurt View Post
Thank you Ron and all.
I think that I am going to get the F113V2 and I now have a couple of hookup questions.
I will be using the Sub for both Music and Movies.
2CH is controlled by the C2600, Movies by the MX-122.

My thoughts, and I can be completely wrong:

XLR cable connects the C2600 to the sub, this is for Music listening + crossover set manually on the sub.

RCA cable connects the MX-122 (LFE) to the Sub in parallel, crossover is set in the MX-122 menu.

Is this going to work? Does the F113 have presets where I can switch between "use the Sub cross over" to bypass and use the MX-122?

Really not sure how to run this setup.

Thanks much!
*It's good general practice to use balanced cables wherever the option is offered but of course, that's not always an option. When it isn't, you have to dance with the girl you brought to the party.
*There is no crossover on the Fathom series. It's a high pass filter. That's why it's been suggested you consider adding a crossover later. The E series does include an actual crossover. That's a consideration if you are not going to be in upgrade mood later and/or budget is an issue.
*The F113 has no presets as such. If you have the option to implement a crossover at your pre-pro, use that and don't look back. (Caveat: I'm not familiar with the 122's input/output features or if it has a passthrough.)
*You could use two cables (one balanced, one unbalanced) and switch between them but I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish unless you think that you'd employ the LFE in one of the setups. However it's generally considered poor practice to use two cables on the same input, and despite the fact that there are two connectors, there's really only one input on the sub. From a practical point of view, it may make no difference as regards noise and hum but you can try it first and see if the native isolation between the two makes this a non-issue. JLs are very well designed so it may not be a problem.

Last edited by Pampero; 05-09-2018 at 11:28 AM.