View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat3600 View Post
Kevin any other improvement or thoughts on the sound, how is your burning in going. I know another person who has the same amp, in fact I sold my Pass Labs INT-150 to him and he sold that and bought the KWI 200 much before I did, as I had a Cary Audio set up after the Pass Labs, sold that and then bought the KWI 200.

He said that the burn in process is long, very long but he is very happy with it and he is a strictly Vinyl guy. Both of us did not like the Pass Labs though!

I also have a very little hum on my left channel, its quite less and the right channel has none, so I am thinking its not much botheration to change the Amp. Do you have any Hum Kevin.

Oh I see that you have the same DAC as me PS Audio PWD Mk II. I think it competes with the top end, superb sound. Probably will never sell it!
So far, I am loving the KWI. The mecanical/transformer hum is still there but relatively minimal and not heard through the speakers. Great amp and HIGHLY recommended.

My main troublesome issues are not with the amp, but with the JRiver software and Windows 8. When working , this is very convenient and sounds great. However, the JRiver software keeps freezing up or simply not booting up. I have to constantly reboot my computer to get it going again. Perhaps it is not yet fully compatible with Windows 8? I am running the latest and greatest software so I don't need to update. I did download yesterday E-Lyric Music Manager and it seems to work fine. The user interface is nowhere close to as nice as JRiver, but it was working. We'll see if it KEEPS working...

Yes, in a different system I am using the PS Audio PWD Mk. II. I also love the sound, especially in DirectX mode. Bang for the buck, I would be hard pressed to find a better DAC.