View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
I totally disagree with you. Moving the speakers is the easy part, placement is the hardest. It is one of the hardest skill to master in our hobby. It's not rocket science, it's an art and no routine setup or calculation will replace the ear of a real pro.

Perfect placement is critical in any system and you get plenty of dividend to have your speaker placed in the best situation. Search the forum (look for thread where metaphacts (Bill) is involved) and you'll see how many of us have changed the sound in their room by tuning the position of the speakers. Sometimes an eighth of an inch can make the difference between good and great.

For the Futura, Strad or Aida, Sumiko sends someone to your home to perfect the placement. I don't know if they found a replacement for Bill yet.
Ported speakers behave differently from sealed box speakers, in the way they interact with the room, specially in the bass, the most troublesome area.

In his case, it's a sealed box (Magico), and a very neutral one at that.

So, it has been my experience that positioning a Q3 is not hard, and can be a one-man job. Now, he'll need help to get them out of the crates and into his room.

There IS a setup manual for the Q3. If you google "Magico Q3 Manual", you'll see a link to download it. It describes the steps to get them out of their box, and directions to start with room placement.

alexandre