View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout59 View Post
Just to clarify what I said about toe in and the bass panels being 1" closer to the listening position. On AudioCircle in the Planar Forum, under topic Do You Have A Question For The Magnepan Factory, response #288, there is this from Wendell at Magnepan:

"I suggest that customers follow the instructions rather than placing too much on the drawings in the manuals. In all .7 models, the bass/midrange should be an inch or so closer to the listener than the tweeter. This means a much more radical toe-in if the tweeters are on the inside."
I'll say this. Toe in on a 29" wide speaker and defining that is difficult. Right now I would say - from the front wall - the inner edge of my speaker(tweeter) measures about 6" closer to the front wall than the outer edge. Are we calling that radical? When you consider the width of the speaker it certainly gives the appearance of it. My speakers don't really have the appearance of being aimed past my head. I think as things break in more I'll consider fiddling more with this