View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 06:31 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
The issue, as I see it, is that theory differs from fact (and, therefore, from reality) in that it is incomplete and/or imperfect. This is despite our practical reliance on theory when necessary. Perception (in a neural rather than a social sense) is a whole 'nuther ball of wax.
I agree, and it's a point I left out of my post. Facts suggest a certain principle, which is our theory. But that doesn't mean the theory is applicable universally. While my example with my friend fits the theory, proving its validity, I'm quite sure reality would intrude if either of us suggested taking the friendship in a deeper direction. Age would make a difference then, demonstrating the theory doesn't apply perfectly in every situation. For another example, the theory of evolution has more than its share of flaws, with little/no solid evidence to suggest it should be taken as universal fact, yet many people do. There are other underlying issues at work in that case, however.

The Transparent Super ICs I have coming are almost $1K for the pair. While not an obscene amount of money, it's a lot for me. I never imagined spending that much for interconnects. And to go up the ladder further would be impractical and, I dare say, unwise. Ultra is twice the money, and I'm sure won't offer twice the improvement. No, Super is more than fine for my equipment level.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks