View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 12:32 AM

Seems like an appropriate place to ask this, given that I know some here have direct experience of using the Apertures.
After another prolonged period of ill health, my energy /enthusiasm has returned to almost normal. I have remodelled my room a bit and have changed almost my entire system. Previously I had a full swag of REAL TRAPS in there. But ( and I have no data to support this), I have a nagging feeling that the room is over damped. As part of a new beginning , I am open to the idea of changing my acoustic approach.
The rear wall of my room will be virtually floor to ceiling record shelving ( yes , I know not great diffusing but I also have to be practical with over 5000LP's to store). I have read quite a bit about the benefits of diffusion as opposed to absorption at the first reflection points ( jury out as far as I can see).I know companies like Acoustic geometry sell curved diffusers for this purpose. Finally my question- those of you who have used the Apertures ( Ivan? tima?) , do they work well in this situation ? And are you still pleased with their performance?
Many thanks
Kevin