Thread: Shindo to Kondo
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
Happy to...I apologize that it wasn't at all clear. My comment referred mostly to the public discussion in ads on another forum lead by the prior agent for Kondo. Sorry about that.

Edit: Upon rereading my post above, I'm afraid I still wasn't sufficiently clear. To clarify, the discussion prior to my original post raised the issue of pricing. With my post I intended to raise the issue that for those buyers interested in seeking it out, Sougas can, or at least could, be had at a significant discount in the grey market. It was to that difference that I asked others to "make of it" what they would. I was perhaps being overly broad - or lazy - when I suggested that it could be partly attributed to distributor "issues," although for buyers the price could be just that. The applicability of the word depends on the point of view, I suppose. I'm not in the audio business, so I hold no opinion for the reason for the mark up. I should add that I don't have a problem with people making profits for their work and support dealers by buying new.

I also erred in the fractional description of the price and reported it to be significantly higher than the amount that the unit was offered to me at.

To be clear, I did not mean to suggest that there are delivery problems in the current chain. Best of luck with the brand.
Hi Kev, not a problem at all and I do understand about the pricing issues that have been raised on the other forum. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something that I was missing. If there were any issues then we would address them for sure. Thx for the clarification! Appreciate it. Bob