Thread: KLAudio Support
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 09:24 AM

I recently received excellent service from Klaudio.

After a marathon cleaning session, my RCM died - it blew its fuse and wouldn't power up. It also blew a replacement fuse, so I contacted Klaudio through its website. (Ivan gave me Tim's contact info, which I saved in case Klaudio didn't respond promptly. As it turned out, I didn't need it.)

Tim answered quickly. The unit was under warranty (just barely!) and he e-mailed me a paid FedEx shipping label. I don't know any other audio manufacturer who pays shipping both ways on warranty repairs! The unit's shipping weight is more than 50 pounds and insurance on a unit this pricey would also be expensive, so the paid shipping is a nice touch.

The day after Klaudio received the RCM at its Washington state location, it repaired the unit and had it on its way back to me. You can't hope for speedier service than that.

The unit arrived intact and properly repaired. I've already cleaned a handful of records to confirm that.

I continue to be a huge fan of the Klaudio RCM and am disappointed only because the company says they've stopped making them. Hopefully parts will continue to be available well into the future and - given the company's obvious commitment to customer service - I suspect that will be the case.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.