View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:35 PM

Black,

Since you love the combo I would stick with it. Since you are set up for an MC, how much for the repair? If free and you just have to wait, I'd opt for the repair (not much different than re-tipping).

Now regarding some advice with cleaning. Not that I am an expert, just what I do. It's obvious you don't have a cover, neither do I. Go to walmart or a fabric store and buy about 6 feet of some colored fabric, fold it 2 or 3 times and place it over the Concept. Use a smooth fabric like sheet material (muslin).

There is also such a thing as too much cleaning. Get a compressed air can for the dust. As for the TT and stylus I use the audioquest brush for static. Here's a tip for cleaning the stylus, leave the volume on low so you can hear stuff. Take a small corner of a clean chamois, say an inch square & cut it off. I would use that little piece to just get close to the stylus and barely touch the tip back to front. Then get a bottle of Stylast (yeah it's expensive but worth it and it LASTS almost forever) and dab the brush against the side of the bottle opening and with a back to front motion touch the tip with a brush, not the cantilever. Leaving the volume on helps to hear when you touch the stylus. And of course while cleaning leave the arm in the clip that holds it!