View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketuason View Post

Thanks for the input drjjpdc, after further of reading, talking to audiophile people, and finally listening to a friend concept with an MC cart. I am sold, I will get one soon. I think this would be a great addition to my McIntosh C2300 tube pre, a pair of vintage McIntosh C2100 set to mono, and a pair of Vandersteen 2CE Sig. II. I also listen to all type of jazz from fission to progressive to big band to modern jazz, and some Latin jazz too. After I get my Concept, I have to choose for a descent MC cart. What do you recommend? Thanks.

Mike
Mike-

It looks like no one has responded to your question about MC cartridges... The entry-level Clearaudio cartridges are very good and obviously have good synergy. In my experience, though, the lower level Benz MCs (Ace, Glider, etc) perform better and have a very high price to performance ratio. In the US both brands have the same distributor so it is common to find a dealer that carries both and often can provide advice or a demonstration of the two together.
Wilson Sophia 2's, Devialet D-Premier, Transparent Ultra ICs & SCs, Transparent Reference power products, Oppo BDP-103, Clearaudio Ovation TT & Benz Ace SM, Finite Elemente Pagode stands, ASC Tube Traps & Sound Panels