View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem666 View Post
Looking forward to how well these perform on the “passive isolation” front.
The Comets are also on my shortlist, possibly for use with a Bluetooth cable. I’m curious if the Comets would outperform the Sony WF1000 and Airpods Pro for music.
The Andromeda gets a lot of praise, but 5x the price and probably overkill for use with a Bluetooth cable...

...but then CIEM’s are also still on the table as these would provide the best isolation...seems there is a local Belgian manufacturer “Variphone” not far from where I live.
Yeah, not sure how they would work with a Bluetooth cable; I've experimented a bit with Bluetooth, but I've always found the sound quality for audio to be sub-par for music.

As for the Sony WF1000s and AirPods, word on the street is the Sony's are better; I've been watching a lot of reviews comparing these two, and the Sonys get better marks for listening to music. Steve Guttenberg listened to the Air Pods Pro and posted a review this week that they're pretty bad for music.

To be honest, I really prefer a wired cable; and using one would me to use the Balanced output jack of my Astell & Kern.

I'd love to get a pair of Andromedas, but I've got other prorities for discretionary spending right now, and I think the Comets will give me a good idea of what to expect from Campfire Audio.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.