View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 03:15 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Back on track though, I do find the W4S 96kHz modded Sonos a terrific source; far better than one might imagine.
Ivan.......You have said the same to me on many occasions and so far I have not been able to move off center. Both of my Sonos zone players are used strictly for previewing new music and nothing more. I don't use them to wireless stream music on my home network and I don't listen to them as a source for musical enjoyment because I am a critical listener. I have no need to access music files from another system since I have high-res music servers in both of my sound system with duplicate libraries on both of them.

I don't doubt the W4S modified Sonos zone player sounds better than the stock zone player but the best streaming audio from any Internet source is 320kbs and the majority is 128kbs and lower. In my mind this is bit cripple audio and I can hear the difference. I don't see a need for a cleaner DAC or lower jitter when the only purpose the Sonos serves for me is auditioning new music for possible purchase. That's why I have not shipped one or both of my ZP90's to Wyred 4 Sound. To me the performance gain is simply not worth it.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A