View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 03:54 PM

Default Guarneri Evo's with Mac or Pass

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the buildup of a new system as I want to go back to stereo. I miss that Guarneri magic I had prior to my current system. At that time I powered the Guarneri Memento's with a Mac C220/MC402 combo and loved it. This time it will be a Guarneri Evo and my first instinct was to go with the MC452, but as I also always had a weakness for Pass I though why not go with a Pass (X250.8?) this time. But I've not heard Pass with Sonus Faber before. One thing I can remember about my Memento's, and it's something I also see coming back in reviews of the Evo's as well, is that Guarneri's looove current. The MC452 has >70 ampere whereas the X250.8 (and similar Pass amps) are around 28-30 ampere. Both combo's will have their pro's and cons of course. As with Pass I think the midrange and highs would be dreamy but I'm a bit worried about the grip it'll have on the Guarneri's, especially in comparison with the MC452. So I wonder if someone here has tried both Mac and Pass, maybe even the same models, and can give me their insight.