View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
This is not the proper process Bob. We understand that a proud new Wilson owner is very excited. It's certainly hard to wait when it has already taken us typically 4 to 5 weeks to build your speakers. But the same same standards that go into building your speakers are meant to go into unpacking and setting them up as well. This helps to insure that the client gets the experience for which he has paid.

That said, this is what Wilson expects to happen.

The crate should be opened, the speakers removed, and the speakers inspected by the dealer. The dealer should remove the frisk (there is a technique to best protect edges) and inspect again.

The dealer should set up with spikes on, not casters.

In the extremely rare cases where there might be an issue, we get immediate, accurate feedback so that we can correct the problem. Dealer feedback allows us to improve our processes for the customers' benefit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the Wilson owner shouldn't be able to use his speakers in whatever way he wishes. I'm saying that the delivery process in not unlike that of picking up your brand new Ferrari. They're going to prep your car to a certain standard to insure you get the car for which you paid. Only then can the delivery process be considered completed. What you do with it after that is up to you.

Hope this helps.

Remember Temptation is Evil, this situation IMO is no different and Wilson clearly explains the process. With this outlay of cash, patience is a virtue!

Divert to anything that will make the time go by, you will be enjoying these great speakers soon enough, enjoy!