View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
This thread is a dangerous place! I am VERY satisfied with the sound of my Auditors and i feel they match my room to a 'T' with regards to size (approx. 12' x 11' (opens up to 13' halfway back) x 9.75 ft). McIntosh electronics, room treatments, dedicated lines/PPP ALL have improved the sound....notice how my speakers are the lone survivor of upgraditis.

However, i have always wondered what the GH/GM would sound like in my room. It seems they are quite a bit taller than the Auditors which concewrns me in my room. Serge/Alberto..did either of you find it necessary to alter the postioning of your listening chair and/or speaker placement to account for this difference in height. I sit only about 6 or 7 feet away (tweeter to ear). Would the sweet spot fly right over my head??? Does the sound 'integrate' as quickly as the Auditors or does it need more space to achieve its magic?

I would love to audition a used/broken in pair of GH prior to purchase.....fat chance.

Jason
I actually prefer to be slightly below the tweeter level on my GM's. I am only a little further away but my speakers are much wider apart at approx 10 ft. This is more of a "nearfield" listening setup. I really like it that way. I think you will be fine with the GH's or GM's if you want to go that way just try to give them at least 2.5ft away from nearby walls or the bass may get a little too thick in the room.