View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
Enjoying every moment with the Qsub. It goes deep, no box signature, and very well control. Even when you stand beside one of the main speaker, you still cannot heard where is the sub bass from the sub. Only when you stand right beside the Qsub and few feet from the main speaker to realise the qsub is working.

When I upgrade to Q5 one day, I will still keep the Qsub.. Without the qsub, I find music lost it soul and scale and suddenly you know you are back to a stereo speaker instead of a live music
Thanks for the update. I love the phrase "Qsub". I think an often overlooked necessity for a high end sub is the quality of the electronics, especially if the system is run fully active (HP/LP both employed). I am certain Magico did not skimp on this aspect. This was perhaps the greatest strength of the Krell MRS because Krell knows how to make amps and crossovers. I never felt that I was able to obtain full performance from my MRS because of a lack of efficiency. I couldn't get enough current to the amp. I suspect Magico has solved this problem. I understand the woofers are about 90 lbs. apiece.

Last edited by Charles; 01-26-2015 at 10:39 AM.