View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydelee21 View Post
I hear that, Charles...great post. I am using a Velodyne DD18 with my Wilson X1s and equally find the Turtle Creek Chorus to be phenomenal.

BTW, I have labored for nearly 2 years and found some great things that improved my Wilsons:

1. I have your tweeter now...latest Focal Titanium
2. Entreq AC wraps around all Wilson cables that connect the modules
3. Stillpoints Ultra 5s
4. On the X1s...they were bi-wireable...and there is a bridging plate with a solid copper plate...I have since added a TA Ref XL jumper cable which makes a huge improvement
5. I also add Entreq Vibb Eaters on the top modules to further dampen any vibration and the performance has become incredibly electrostatic like.

My two cents...but I really would love to try the Thor out for a test drive...enjoy!
The X1 is quite a speaker and would definitely benefit from a Thor. I got to hear one many years ago but couldn't afford it. Dynamics incredible. Just imagine how beautiful Magico's would look in brushed "white" aluminum. Not that that black is not attractive. It is. I note that Krell makes all aluminum speakers that are in this color. I think with Burmester white aluminum would be stunning.