View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 09:24 PM
Blown & Injected

I'll likely be banned . . . but . . .

Only in audio can such claims be made with no other basis than glowing conjecture. I'm three decades in the hobby, spent two in the industry, and of that two I spent nearly a decade training audio professionals. In that time, I met many folks worlds smarter, wiser, and more objective than I. Designers, engineers, great thinkers - all of whom had their feet firmly planted in science. Scientific method. Repeat ability. Objectivity. All in an effort to separate fact from fiction. I have personally set up demonstrations to prove that science in fact dictates the outcome. Such demonstrations are not well received or embraced when the results contradict the position held on a given topic so they're not often done - which is a real shame.

Guys, at what point do we take a step back and ask ourselves do we embrace the laws of physics or don't we? An example . . . I was researching a new drug for my girlfriend's daughter over lunch today for an illness that she has. The drug company clearly spells out that some in the trial get the actual drug while others get a placebo. There is a reason for this - our psyche is a very powerful thing. This is science.

I can wax my hot rod and it sure seems to me that it runs smoother, has better throttle response, etc. - it doesn't.

Ivan - if you toss me out on my head, I'll hold no grudge.