View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 04:47 AM

It needs time to run in. The first time I powered it on, I almost unhooked it and put on the Audio Research back.

The soundstage felt narrower initially.

But it was engaging listening to the initial transients. The first pluck of the guitar or the first strike of the drums or pianos. I lost a lot of that with the ARC.

The imaging was also spot on beautiful. Instruments were much more pin point accurate. Hanging in the middle of the air between the speakers.

So I persisted. And eventually all that came back. The wide and deep soundstage. But just with that little bit more dynamics.

If you already have say the DirectStream or the BHK power amps you'll definitely hear a familial trait. That imaging and transient response seems inherent in the way their gear are voiced. A combination of Arnie and Paul and Bascom's efforts. So the Pre in that combination just builds on that synergy.

If you don't like the way the BHK power amp or the DS sounds, you may not like the Pre either.