View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 11:31 AM

Default Hello thanks for the suggestion

Funny I pulled up C2200 reset earlier and it said to hold 'mute' and 'outputs 2' buttons for 5 seconds to do a reset. That seems to do nothing, so I was hopeful when I got your post maybe it was just the wrong reset. But it seems following your procedure has no effect either.

I do have progress to report however. I pulled the front panel so I could get a better look at the microprocessor and to see if I could clean contacts, etc. And also cleaned and reseated all of the connections that run from the face to the main board. I then put everything back together and fired it up and now the balance control works like a balance control and does not revert to being an input selector. However, the unit still acts like the left channel is down in volume. What I mean is that, when the balance control indicates 0 correction, the L channel is down by the same amount it was. BUT now I can use the balance control to correct it. When the display is showing +7 to the L the meters and the sound seem balanced.

I wish I could 're-center' the control somehow, but not sure how to try. Am wondering if I disconnected the central ribbon cable and reconnected if I would be able to "re-zero" the balance display. -Rob