View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
What makes you believe that I haven't already considered that?

Sorry, but I don't accept the vision you have in your crystal ball, and I don't share your dystopian view.

Our world is laden with trouble and suffering yet love and goodness abound.
That is your view and I am actually hoping for the same love and goodness.

Yet all the events, focus and future plans are quite the opposite from most world leaders. Instead of disarming ourselves of planet extinguishing weapons of destruction, we are again going the other way. Military might is more important than ever now that there is another superpower that is about to overtake us.

You see, there is this one big egotistical part of the brain called the frontal cortex and it is hell bent on world domination and is very power hungry. This is no longer a small quarrel who gets the banana or who gets to suck that last piece of meat off the bone by the cave fire...

The stakes are much higher now and you see, there is this "Doomsday Clock"

Doomsday Clock is made every year by the Bulletin’s Science and Security Board in consultation with its Board of Sponsors, which includes 13 Nobel laureates. The Clock has become a universally recognized indicator of the world’s vulnerability to catastrophe from nuclear weapons, climate change, and disruptive technologies in other domains.

What says the Doomsday Clock today? It says 100 seconds to midnight...

Use them wisely my friends