View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jérôme.......Perhaps not, although the studio sound system has truly taken on a life of its own. Initially my intent was not to create another premium level two channel sound system down stairs, but to simply have a second good quality system to enjoy when I wanted to have some private time, and a separate but modest surround sound system for movies. When I start a project small I often overlook my basic nature which is to carry things out to a full tilt level. I think small in the beginning, but like a mushroom I seem to grow from nowhere to full sized almost overnight without any added encouragement.

Such is what has happened in the studio. My home theater system is now a premium setup, and offers a tremendous visual and surround sound experience. I was able to stop at the point I wanted with the home theater. That was not the case with the two channel sound system. It has been a work in progress from the beginning, with many different preamps, power amps, and sources in play as I progressed to what is present now. I'm not exactly sure where the turning point was, perhaps when I purchased the SF Guarneri Mementos. From that point on the changes that happened seemed to take place on their own, as if I was being guided by a Divine power. Once the system began to blossom I just kept going. Naturally, I had my Micro Seiki DD-40 turntable in and out of the studio system over the past two years, and this planted the seed for a second, and better analog rig. I have been looking at and discussing turntables for at least the past two years here on this forum, often drooling over turntables well out of my reach. Once I discovered the Michell Gyro SE the wheels started turning, and I knew it was just a matter of time before I owned the rig I now have. Of course, the natural progression from here was the purchase of the new Pass Labs phono preamp that will arrive next week. I just couldn't stop at only using the C2300's internal phono stage.d

So, in the end I must say yes, I have been encouraged and motivated in the direction I am traveling through my association with Audio Aficionado. Would I have gone this far without this association? Oh yes, only perhaps over a greater length of time. AA has a way of keeping the excitement level elevated and fast forwarding plans. If you had asked me a year if I planned to spend another $50K+ changing the studio two channel sound system I would have said absolutely not. People have always told me I get the job done, but I make a very poor estimator. Such is my life, yet I am happy. What else can I say?
Be happy my friend. You deserve it fully. !