View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 07:31 PM

I spoke with a few of the VPI reps at Capital Audiofest '19 back in November and then Matt a few weeks later about potential feet upgrades for the Prime Signature that would be released soon (others may know about this as well, I am only sharing what I found out recently). One was the current Prime Signature feet with acoustic padding on the bottom. The upgrade includes risers for the motor to accommodate the increase in the feet height due to the added pads. I believe there will be an option to purchase the pads separately. This product is not on the VPI website yet, I guess it will be soon.

About three weeks after CAF '19 I received a set of the new Prime Signature feet with the padding installed. It has taken me until now to install them which took about 30 minutes including adding the risers and resetting the speeds.

I have made a ton of changes to my system over that past few months and I wanted to wait a few months to get to really good understanding of what I was hearing before adding the feet. Immediately I noticed a gain in the top end, a more in your face (front hall vs. mid hall) presentation and a leaner sound. The impact was not subtle. This wasn't bad, I just prefer a more balanced presentation with separate depth for each instrument versus more of a linear presentation. My system is perfectly balanced, I have the right amount of warmth and detail that gives me goose bumps every time I listen.

For those whose systems are more on the really warm side and you want to add more detail, top end and a more forward presentation this upgrade is for you; system dependent.

As it relates to getting more information, I would contact VPI directly.
Listening Room – MC2301s, C2300, VPI Prime Sig. Rosewood, w/Fatboy 10” Tonearm, SDS, Periphery Ring, Dynavector DRT XV-1s, Sutherland LittleLOCO Mk2, Harbeth SHL5, Skylan Stands, Synergistic Research: Record Clamp, PowerCell SX, Active Ground Block, Galileo Discovery PCs, Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker Cables, GIK Impression Series Diffusers and Acoustimac DMD Panels, CA Double Matrix Pro Sonic RCM

Theater Room - 7.2.4, Marantz SR7012 & MM7025, Klipsch: RF-7 III, RP-450C, RP-160M, R-112SW Atmos: CDT 5800-CII, Sunfire True EQ Sub, Samsung 75” Q60R QLED 4K UHD TV, Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Maestro, Cambridge Audio 640P, PS Audio PPP

Office - Fisher 500C, Denon DP-59L, Audio Technica AT14S Cartridge, Bluesound NODE, Acoustic Research AR-3a, Technics RS 1500

Vintage System - Pioneer SX 1980, Jolida JD100 CD, JBL Studio Monitors 4425

Semper Fidelis Teufel Hunden