View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico26 View Post
Wow. Now this was quick. Really quick. Wow.
I am stunned.
So you certainly didnt hear any "digital" color with the Dev, right? Would the 110 would be enough to make the O3s sing? Did you feel the rythm with Dev? Everybody is talking about better rythm with Naim gears... What kind of music have you tried?
Wow...

Let me know your impressions with the Toy towers. I ve heard the break-in period is so looooooooong with Dev, so dont be surprised it wont be perfect from the box.

Thanks for your report, man
Hahaha. I know.

I haven't heard the 170 but I think the 110 is enough to drive the speakers but you will get more out of the O3 with the 170.

I felt the rythm but in a more neutral way. Where the Naim has a warmer sound but not as clear. You can't have both, I guess.

The 170 is in so much demand that the factory cannot commit to a delivery time and my dealer only has one piece. Where as he has more than 2 110s. Another point is that with Devs you can always update it when new technologies are introduced. So they left room for improvement later on. Like the room correction, they might introduce it later on and you can utilise that with the same model that you have.

I have tried some instrumental tracks. Like piano, guitar with bass, sax.

I'll let you know how they will interact with the Toys. I hope I have done the right decision.