View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
With that much lead time, you have the luxury of listening in person at shows and dealers, which I highly recommend. You also have the ability to watch the used market and snag something you like on the cheap. I bought speakers that retail for ~$100k at well less than that. I am, of course, obsessed enough to have them sitting in storage waiting on my room to be built to put them in.

Enjoy -you have time and options to find something you like and maybe save some money.
+1 on this. We can all throw around a bunch of brands and models in response to the OP but in reality this is the way to go. He's got 5 years and 100k to spend? Well then take the time...go to the shows, meet the makers, learn their philosophy, identify the brands and sounds you like best, and invest not only in good sound but a company that you respect and value. Hell if you are spending that much, pick a few manufacturers and arrange factory visits. I know it's relatively easy to visit Wilson Audio, I arranged that through my dealer and had a blast.