View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 01:42 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
The big fear for me on the Aurender is power interruption, I did not think of using a UPS to power down the Aurender.

Does the UPS actually shut down Aurender?

From an audiophile perspective, does audio suffer from plugging a high end cable into the UPS and it’s fixed cord into the wall, or maybe the P10?
Ed.......No, my UPS Backup does not shut down the Aurender. I would not use it like that even if it could. I use it for providing power to the N100H during momentary utility drops that happen occasionally, most often during high wind or rain storms. It's those 15 second to one minute drop outs I am protecting my music server from. On the other hand, when power goes down for an extended time like it did last week for 18 hours during an ice storm, the UPS gives me time to go through the Aurender's shut down routine safely, then leave it off until power is restored and stable. That happens in the living room system. How I handle the upgraded power cords goes like this. My living room system has a PS Audio Power Plant Premier installed and is using a Wireworld Silver Electra power cord to a dedicated 20 amp circuit terminated to a PS Audio Soloist Premier SE outlet. I power the UPS Backup from the Power Plant Premier. In that way it is getting clean power despite its attached power cord. Then I go from the UPS to the Aurender N100H with a Wireworld Silver Electra power cord. That 2 meters of premium cable to the N100H provides shielding and an excellent electrical path between the music server and the UPS. I leave the server and the DAC powered continuously

In the studio I use a PurePower 2000 AC power conditioner with internal batteries that provide uninterruptible backup power to the entire system. The PurePower 2000 is fed from a 20 amp dedicate circuit terminated to a PS Audio Soloist Premier SE outlet, then with a Wireworld Silver Electra power cord to a Furutech Flux 50 Filter, then to the PurePower 2000. The power to the Aurender N10 in that system is backed up along with all the other components, and all components are powered using Wireworld Silver Electra power cords. I leave the N10 and the K-01X powered continuously. If an extended power outage takes place I have time to shut those components down just like the living room system.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 01-10-2018 at 01:47 AM.