Thread: C2600....
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
Only have about 20 hours on the c2600 but truly overall I just hear marginal improvements. The MC phono is better for sure. But the overall system edginess and brightness remain. Now to be fair, the Triton 1's are dang revealing speakers. Maybe the MC452 is not a good match but I see this setup in other members galleries.

I do know its recording specific. Some vinyl and some digital sound GREAT. Other stuff comes across too forward and bright & I find myself wanting to turn the treble down. Never in all my audio life have i ever used tone controls.

Been reading on some acoustic treatments. May try some of those after I break in the c2600.

This 'brightness' was there with the c47. At times I thought it was warmer with the new C2600 but not so sure now.

Thoughts?

I have about 70 hours on mine through various sources, and had the same issue for a time. It vacillated between wonderful and awful right around the same hour mark that you're referencing, especially on vinyl. Mine has settled in really nicely of late, but it is much more revealing than my C47 was in my system.

I would always recommend acoustic treatments where you can. I'm a professor and professional audio engineer, and have designed my fair share of listening rooms and studio spaces - without exception, the proper use of acoustic treatments improves sonics. Just don't fall into the "more absorption is better" trap [emoji846] Sometimes controlling the bass and first reflections is all that is needed. Diffusion can also be your friend.