View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 07:04 PM

Dan, you've answered my question as clearly as one could hope for!

I have no intention of getting rid of the K-03 - as transport, and for the SACD playback.

Everyone's media situation is different. Truth be told, I have a library of under 1,000 CD's, all Redbook, and I don't spin them anymore now that I have them ripped lossless to the N100H.

So that leaves me with a small (50?) SACD collection that I am happy to physically spin when I want the SACD mastering. The K-03 can happily continue doing that. And spin the occasional CD that has not been ripped yet...

If the YGGY can significantly increase the joy I get from over 90% of my collection, at that price, it's a no brainer.

I guess I have just one last question - with something like TIDAL or other streaming, will their formats work without issue through the YGGY? I've learned SACD is 'DSD', so besides SACD's, where else would files be sourced as DSD? In other words, what are the real-world sources for DSD that I am giving up through the YGGY? Sorry for this awkward wording... just trying to understand if/how the DSD limitation would even affect me.

Cheers

Matt