View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 02:52 AM

Default Ref 250/RefPhono2SE/Linn LP12 SE/Radikal...Magic

New amps and new source in the system. 595 more hours of break-in and counting...Ayre KX-R works very well in this system.

Using Linn Akiva for cartridge....set counterweight for 1.25 tracking force and dialed in .5 more. This moves weight closer to pivot point and allows me to easily dial in range of 1.5 to 2.0 with arm adjustment. Used AcousTech electronic gauge. Ref Phono set at high gain and 1k loading. 1.75 anti skate.

Table sits on a HRS SXR 1V stand and M3X base....RefPhono is on S1 base...Radikal sits on Nimbus couplers. Table is outside listening room...on other side of adjacent wall. I can control Ref Phono with remote from listening position.

Amps sit in cabinet behind speakers on 5 nimbus couplers with dampening plate on top

Will post comments on system over weekend...there may be other ways to Nirvana...but I like the road I am on...

Kids sat down with me to listen to "Kind of Blue". They loved it...so nice to have vinyl in this system again.

Pics and comments to follow...

When SME 20/3 arrives I may do a shoot out. I have a feeling I will like them both.

ARC is mum on SE version changes...but it sounds great out of the box.

Last edited by enatai252; 12-02-2011 at 04:28 AM.