Thread: Relentless
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 09:17 AM

Do you have to have lines capable of 50-100 amps each to take advantage of an amp like this? When the dealer does a demonstration will he have special wiring installed? It seems that a 20 amp line completely inadequate. And what kind of a reasonable speaker would be paired up with an amp like this? A lot of really expensive speakers are more efficient than their less expensive siblings. I owned Krell for many years and I absolutely loved the sound my FPB 700 created. It was open pristine just beautiful sound. A 20 amp line worked very well. But it ran very hot and had to be completely rebuilt in about 10 years. Krell (owned by Dan at that time) actually flew a master technician out to my house and he spent about 4 hours repairing the amp. He had the thing apart in 20 minutes. He was incredible. Never will I forget that experience. Cost was about 1,200 dollars. I think D'Agastino is probably the very best, even better than Mac and they are so beautiful. I left Krell when Dan left and went back to Mac. I love the efficiency of the Mac (1.2KW) and its longevity/reliability and it produces such a smooth sweet sound. But if you want the best solid state sound, in my opinion look no further than Momentum, Progression, or Relentless.

Last edited by Charles; 06-02-2018 at 09:29 AM.